Today is day 2 of my new journey and my 30 days of yoga challenge and I woke up feeling somewhat sore. Lately I’ve been all about tumeric, a natural anti-inflammatory.
So looking to soothe my aches and pains, I made myself a tumeric tea latte, kind of a variation on golden milk. You can get a mix from Whole Foods but there is something productive and calming about making this on your own. And depending on what milk you use and how sweet you prefer this beneficial drink, it starts at about 60 calories!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 Trader Joe’s Organic Ginger Turmeric Herbal Tea bag
- 1 cup Almond or Coconut milk (I use Blue Diamond’s 40 calorie per cup Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Milk)
- A dash of cinnamon or black pepper for a little flavor
- I also add my daily scoop of collagen. Reserveage’s Collagen Replenish Powder is only 10 calories and is completely tasteless. But this is purely optional.
- Some kind of hot cocoa/latte maker (I love this one from Bed, Bath & Beyond)
Here’s how it’s made:
- Steep the tea in the 3/4 cup boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes
- Put the cup of milk, dash of cinnamon or black pepper, collagen powder if you would like, and steeped tea into the hot cocoa/latte maker.
- Add honey based on your how sweet you want the drink to be. A little goes a long way!
- Mix it all up in the hot cocoa/latte maker. It will heat the milk and create a frothy, yummy tumeric tea latte.
- Serve in your favorite oversized mug and enjoy!